How to play slots
Part 2 : Playing the Game
1: Master the multiplier.
This is a game where if you play a coin, you get a certain amount of money. If you play two coins, you get more money. If you play three coins, then, if you win, you’re actually robbing a bank.
– Betting more does not increase your chances of winning, so it’s best not to bet the maximum in this type of game. It’s fairly simple: if you bet a small amount, you’ll win a small amount; bet a large amount and you’ll win a large amount – but it doesn’t affect how often you win.
– If you want to save money, look for machines that don’t vary much from coin to coin. If one coin gets you a 2,000 jackpot, two coins get you 5,000, but three coins get you 45,000, you might want to walk away. Imagine what would happen if you placed a bet on one coin and made a big profit! You’d be bored all the way to the buffet.
2: Bet a lot of money on a buy-one-pay.
Not only does this rhyme, but it’s true. If you’re buying one, always bet the maximum. One coin will buy the middle line, two coins will buy the diagonal and three coins will buy the whole nine yards. This also applies to symbols. Once again, imagine yourself placing a coin and seeing 7-7-7 appear on the diagonal! If you do choose this machine, it’s best to buy bigger or go home.
– In other words, if you bet more, the machine will not increase your winnings, it will only increase the number of winning combinations or positions you can access. You are effectively buying what will be paid to you. No, if the machine breaks down and you don’t pay, the machine still treats it as a payout – it doesn’t make up for it in the 93% return (or any possible return).
– Buy-a-pay slots can be identified by the layout of their payment tables. Note, for example, that the Double Diamond slot has the same symbols as a one coin or two coin game. All symbols are active regardless of the coin being played. But look at Bally’s Flaming 7s machine and you will see one coin listed in the bar and two coins listed in the 7s. For sevens to work, you must play two coins at a time. If only 1 coin is thrown in the 7s, you won’t win. As we mentioned before, learning is the only way to make money!
– Some video machines work this way, but they have separate sections.
3: Insert progressive slots.
If you see a large group of people in front of a row of machines with a huge display board above them, it becomes quite a spectacular sight, that’s the Community Progressive game. These types of slots have a cumulative jackpot total that increases each time the machine is played. All their machines are interconnected and the first person to win will receive a percentage of all the games, not just their own.
– Just like buy to pay, you will also want to place maximum bets in this type of game. If you don’t bet the maximum, you won’t win the jackpot. You will get a smaller cash prize, but the jackpot will not have your name on it. So, if you do spend time on this machine – in its defence, it can have ridiculously large progressive jackpots – be prepared to empty your pockets.
4: Get involved in video games.
Also known as ‘multi-line’ games, these work in a similar way to buy-one-pay. You can choose the number of lines you want to buy and the amount of points you want to spend on each line. In a penny slot, you can spend 1 cent on the centre line and spin. It may not pay you anything, but you can do it. Some machines have up to 500 lines for you to bet on, and you can usually bet between one cent and one dollar per line (depending on the situation).
– Keep in mind that although multi-line machines now have higher win rates, the winnings are usually small and less than the amount you would have gambled on them.
– Consider your position. If you are playing a video slot machine with 100 paylines at $1 per line, the minimum bet per play is $100. You are now betting high on a $1 slot machine. For a higher return, higher player ratings and more personalised attention, you may wish to move to a high limit machine.
– You don’t need to bet the maximum on this game, but you should bet all lines. That way, no spins will appear where you see a winner, but it won’t be reflected in your winnings (because you didn’t bet). The machine doesn’t care which lines you bet on and doesn’t adjust its payout accordingly, so you can bet them all to catch up with them.
– Electronic games are the most popular slot machines these days. That’s because they offer bonus rounds, spread payouts and special events on a fairly regular basis. As well as the fun and varied animations, it also makes you feel like you’re playing the game and that you might have a chance of winning.
– Okay, so video poker may be more popular, but that’s another thing entirely. If you want to give the world a try, wikiHow has resources for that too.
– Winning combinations will be staggered, using diagonals, Ms, Ws, wavy lines, curl-tips and other directions, depending on the game. Even if you think you’re not winning, you probably are, and when you think you’re winning, you probably aren’t. Just take nice pictures and try to keep your head above water. Then get ready for the bonus rounds and make those free spins work.
5: Settle in for a good game.
Now that you know the different ways to play, the casino is your choice. Find an open machine and settle in for what will hopefully be a long time. Insert your player card (even if you don’t use it to get cash – you’ll get points that way), then insert cash or a previously paid ticket. And then there are all the flashing lights and buzzing sounds!
– Follow the prompts on the screen or read the instructions above. If you are confused or the machine doesn’t seem to be working, call an attendant (there is a button on the dashboard that will do this for you – the machine will light up to let them know) to help you.
– When you are ready to leave, click the “Cash out” button. This will print a receipt for you which you can then take to the casino ATM or cashier. Once obtained, take out the player’s card and click on the carpet with the pattern on it. How many points are there?
6: Watch your demeanour.
Although casinos are a hotspot for hedonism, this does not mean that they are not subject to maintaining a certain level of class. Generally speaking, the rules of etiquette in any given casino are quite logical
– If you see a chuck on a chair or a chair being pushed into a machine, it’s taken away. Do not use it. When the person comes back from the bathroom, you will only be in a confrontation.
– Don’t play more than one or two machines at a time. If the casino is even crowded, play only that one. Don’t let your insatiable appetite for pullers ruin someone else’s good time.
– Don’t be surprised if you see someone win the jackpot that is rightfully yours: it doesn’t happen. Every calculator goes through thousands of combinations every minute, and the chances of you pressing a button at precisely one hundredth of a second are very slim. Worse than the chances of you walking away with a padded wallet!